Skip to main content

dining room

Red or Blue?

We have a formal dining room that has a chair rail and moldings, tray ceiling and wainscoting.  The big debate now is whether to go with a deep red dining room or a dark blue one.  I originally had my heart set on a red one and then I saw some pictures and fell in love with a deep blue! 

 So we're going to go with newburyport blue from Benjamin Moore HC-155.   Pic1: courtesy of decorati access 

                                              
Pic 2: courtesy of country living 











The same blue is going into the office after we saw this pic
 


 Pic3:courtesy of Van H. Robinson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances.... @ PC Richards

We researched thoroughly which appliances to get.... Consumer reports, looking online, going to stores.  I pretty much had decided on which ones ahead of time, but wanted to give them a once over before we bought.  Thank goodness I did.  The dishwasher I had picked out had the silverware tray on the door. (Egad!  The horror!)  Luckily, we saw that in time and were able to pick out another one.  (big sigh of relief)  One of these days I'm going to save my nickels and buy one of those double dishwashers.  So efficient, convenient and as cool as a dishwasher can get.  I am very excited for my new stove.  It is gas, BUT, the cooktop is ceramic glass!  GE Profile (PGS968SEPSS) You just wipe it down!!! How many of you are excited?!  (and reading this....) We also got a matching microwave.   See how the curve of the glass matches the stove? Fridge is a Whirlpool Gold (GX5FHTXV) with an interior water dispenser and an...

Basement Progress

Here are the basement items Basment progression: Color Scheme:   Riser for seats: Wall Fixtures: Mini Sconces for over the bar.

Blue jars

Who doesn't love those blue glass bottles and jars? I am trying to paint my own using glass paint and pickle jars. If they come out good, I will upgrade myself to mason jars. Christmas Tree shops have them for either $.99 or $.89 depending on size. Here's my work in progress. Need to wait 24 hours to see how it dries. ----------- Ok the dried a little streaky, and I should have used a little paint thinner. Also, the brushes I originally tried to use were poor quality and the bristles were getting stuck in the jar paint. I ended up using a foam brush which makes things gooier. They will be used for centerpieces, so I'm sure it'll be fine when I fill the jars with water and beautiful flowers.