Skip to main content

Appliances.... @ PC Richards

We researched thoroughly which appliances to get.... Consumer reports, looking online, going to stores.  I pretty much had decided on which ones ahead of time, but wanted to give them a once over before we bought.  Thank goodness I did.  The dishwasher I had picked out had the silverware tray on the door. (Egad!  The horror!)  Luckily, we saw that in time and were able to pick out another one.  (big sigh of relief)  One of these days I'm going to save my nickels and buy one of those double dishwashers.  So efficient, convenient and as cool as a dishwasher can get.  I am very excited for my new stove.  It is gas, BUT, the cooktop is ceramic glass!  GE Profile (PGS968SEPSS) You just wipe it down!!! How many of you are excited?!  (and reading this....)


We also got a matching microwave.   See how the curve of the glass matches the stove?


Fridge is a Whirlpool Gold (GX5FHTXV) with an interior water dispenser and an ice maker in the bottom freezer.  Why?  Because with the french door, if the ice maker is on the top (exterior dispenser) there is a big ice maker machine taking up room in the fridge.  I'd rather have the ice maker in the freezer and just have the water on top.  Yes, we do have to open the door to get water, but I think I might just get a pitcher and fill it up.  Big whoop.  More room for lasagna, that's what takes priority!





Dishwasher is a Bosch (SHX6AP05UC) Ascenta Integra (sounds like a new Nissan)  Quiet is what I wanted and hopefully this will be it. It says "virtually silent".  Stainless steel, concealed controls, quick wash (30 minutes), half loads, and it has delays of 3,6 or 9 hours.
                               (puppy not included)


Washer and dryer are front-loader LG (WM2050CW). It has dials and a screen.  I really just needs something that will clean my clothes, and I have no idea why I need 4 dials, 2 buttons and a screen, but it was well reviewed and energy efficient.  The dryer looks similar, with tons of dials (????)  We didn't get the pedestals, besides the fact that they were $300 each, we have a shelf in the laundry room, so we don't really need additional storage underneath. Hopefully I won't throw my back out  bending to get the clothes out of the washer and into the dryer.


Lastly, I FINALLY got my CT certifications in the mail.  I think the $350 that I sent in encouraged them to send it to me.  Big relief.

Comments

Kitchen Faucets said…
I'd rather have the ice maker in the freezer and just have the water on top. Yes, we do have to open the door to get water, but I think I might just get a pitcher and fill it up. Big whoop. More room for lasagna, that's what takes priority!

Popular posts from this blog

Basement Progress

Here are the basement items Basment progression: Color Scheme:   Riser for seats: Wall Fixtures: Mini Sconces for over the bar.

Blue jars

Who doesn't love those blue glass bottles and jars? I am trying to paint my own using glass paint and pickle jars. If they come out good, I will upgrade myself to mason jars. Christmas Tree shops have them for either $.99 or $.89 depending on size. Here's my work in progress. Need to wait 24 hours to see how it dries. ----------- Ok the dried a little streaky, and I should have used a little paint thinner. Also, the brushes I originally tried to use were poor quality and the bristles were getting stuck in the jar paint. I ended up using a foam brush which makes things gooier. They will be used for centerpieces, so I'm sure it'll be fine when I fill the jars with water and beautiful flowers.