Skip to main content

Appliances.... @ PC Richards

We researched thoroughly which appliances to get.... Consumer reports, looking online, going to stores.  I pretty much had decided on which ones ahead of time, but wanted to give them a once over before we bought.  Thank goodness I did.  The dishwasher I had picked out had the silverware tray on the door. (Egad!  The horror!)  Luckily, we saw that in time and were able to pick out another one.  (big sigh of relief)  One of these days I'm going to save my nickels and buy one of those double dishwashers.  So efficient, convenient and as cool as a dishwasher can get.  I am very excited for my new stove.  It is gas, BUT, the cooktop is ceramic glass!  GE Profile (PGS968SEPSS) You just wipe it down!!! How many of you are excited?!  (and reading this....)


We also got a matching microwave.   See how the curve of the glass matches the stove?


Fridge is a Whirlpool Gold (GX5FHTXV) with an interior water dispenser and an ice maker in the bottom freezer.  Why?  Because with the french door, if the ice maker is on the top (exterior dispenser) there is a big ice maker machine taking up room in the fridge.  I'd rather have the ice maker in the freezer and just have the water on top.  Yes, we do have to open the door to get water, but I think I might just get a pitcher and fill it up.  Big whoop.  More room for lasagna, that's what takes priority!





Dishwasher is a Bosch (SHX6AP05UC) Ascenta Integra (sounds like a new Nissan)  Quiet is what I wanted and hopefully this will be it. It says "virtually silent".  Stainless steel, concealed controls, quick wash (30 minutes), half loads, and it has delays of 3,6 or 9 hours.
                               (puppy not included)


Washer and dryer are front-loader LG (WM2050CW). It has dials and a screen.  I really just needs something that will clean my clothes, and I have no idea why I need 4 dials, 2 buttons and a screen, but it was well reviewed and energy efficient.  The dryer looks similar, with tons of dials (????)  We didn't get the pedestals, besides the fact that they were $300 each, we have a shelf in the laundry room, so we don't really need additional storage underneath. Hopefully I won't throw my back out  bending to get the clothes out of the washer and into the dryer.


Lastly, I FINALLY got my CT certifications in the mail.  I think the $350 that I sent in encouraged them to send it to me.  Big relief.

Comments

Kitchen Faucets said…
I'd rather have the ice maker in the freezer and just have the water on top. Yes, we do have to open the door to get water, but I think I might just get a pitcher and fill it up. Big whoop. More room for lasagna, that's what takes priority!

Popular posts from this blog

Fixtures. Sounds fun. but not when you have to buy 30.

The fixtures are all going to be Seagull Lighting with the exceptions of the closets and the master bedroom. Dining Room Foyer/hallway Kitchen island mini-pendants Kitchen table chandelier

Front Door Colors

We have to pick a color for the front door. After some googling about feng shui, I found a great list of door colors on House Beautiful .  I really liked Evening Sky (BM 833).  I researched further and found the meaning of a blue door . Although our door doesn't face south, north or east, I really like the thought of a blue door, especially with our stream and the blue dining room. I think the door will tie it all in together. 

Color Me Whine!

Egad! We have to pick paint for the entire house. It was hard enough picking the siding color, and that turned out wonderfully. We would blindly ask people what color we should have for the house, and everyone said the same thing "Scottish Thistle". (Mastic Carvedwood 44) WOW! It looks fantastic. I still can't determine what color it is though. Depending on the light and time of day it looks gray, green, brown. It's a camouflage. That's why I like it, it blends in with the woods and does not stick out. We were able to get some trim put on the front windows and on the edging. People forget that a small trim can add a nice finished look to a house.