Skip to main content

We finally finished shopping for fixtures!

We ordered most of our fixtures from Lightingdirect.com, but for the exterior ones, we just went down to the local Home Depot.  We decided to get a lamppost outside and the post comes with an outlet (for Christmas Lights or tools) and a sensor that turns the lights on from dusk to dawn. 
Hampton Bay Aged Iron Post Lantern Y37031-151
The lights that will frame the front door will be the same style.  I think they're so cute!  We also got outdoor motion lights for the front and regular spots for the back.  No pics of those, because they're your typical spot lights, nothing special.
Hampton Bay Aged Iron Wall Lantern Y37029-151




We also received our shipment with the ceiling fan and the closet lights.  The closet lights we got for $8 each!  They have 2 bulbs so they'll give plenty of light.  In order to get them so cheap, we had to be flexible on the color.  They're "Copper Revival" which is actually a little more copper penny colored than in the picture, but who cares? It's going in a closet!

Sea Gull Lighting 5328 Ceiling Fixtures White Mushroom Collection

The ceiling fan was our big splurge, but it still wasn't that much.  We really liked the Antique Nickel.  I'm excited to have a ceiling fan.  We don't have one in our house, and sometimes I don't want to use the A/C, I want the nighttime cool breezes. 

Hunter 21433 52" The Sonora Energy Star Ceiling Fan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances.... @ PC Richards

We researched thoroughly which appliances to get.... Consumer reports, looking online, going to stores.  I pretty much had decided on which ones ahead of time, but wanted to give them a once over before we bought.  Thank goodness I did.  The dishwasher I had picked out had the silverware tray on the door. (Egad!  The horror!)  Luckily, we saw that in time and were able to pick out another one.  (big sigh of relief)  One of these days I'm going to save my nickels and buy one of those double dishwashers.  So efficient, convenient and as cool as a dishwasher can get.  I am very excited for my new stove.  It is gas, BUT, the cooktop is ceramic glass!  GE Profile (PGS968SEPSS) You just wipe it down!!! How many of you are excited?!  (and reading this....) We also got a matching microwave.   See how the curve of the glass matches the stove? Fridge is a Whirlpool Gold (GX5FHTXV) with an interior water dispenser and an...

Basement Progress

Here are the basement items Basment progression: Color Scheme:   Riser for seats: Wall Fixtures: Mini Sconces for over the bar.

Blue jars

Who doesn't love those blue glass bottles and jars? I am trying to paint my own using glass paint and pickle jars. If they come out good, I will upgrade myself to mason jars. Christmas Tree shops have them for either $.99 or $.89 depending on size. Here's my work in progress. Need to wait 24 hours to see how it dries. ----------- Ok the dried a little streaky, and I should have used a little paint thinner. Also, the brushes I originally tried to use were poor quality and the bristles were getting stuck in the jar paint. I ended up using a foam brush which makes things gooier. They will be used for centerpieces, so I'm sure it'll be fine when I fill the jars with water and beautiful flowers.