Skip to main content

Baby shower pintrest adventures

My sister is having a baby in November! Last weekend we had the baby shower. It was out doors and lovely. I used my painted mason jars for the centerpieces, with beautiful sunflowers, wheat and other in season flowers from a local market.I got a lot of the ideas from Pintrest.

I also made a fall sangria I found on Pintrest.

Fall Sangria

It was very popular! Sangria makes you feel like you're drinking something really healthy since is has tons of fruit floating in it. Sounds good to me!

We had bingo ( a baby shower staple), name the baby food- 2 orange, 2 green and 2 beige so the guests couldn't have figured it out based on color, "the price is right" and how big is the baby belly (with the mom to be's permission of course)

For dessert we had de-lish cupcakes! We had cannoli (ang's favorite) and carrot cake (my new favorite) from With Love Bakery. They were amazing! And on the top of each was a hand crafted chocolate! score!

With Love Bakery

It was quite possibly one of the most beautiful days, not too hot/cold/humid.
The results are below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances.... @ PC Richards

We researched thoroughly which appliances to get.... Consumer reports, looking online, going to stores.  I pretty much had decided on which ones ahead of time, but wanted to give them a once over before we bought.  Thank goodness I did.  The dishwasher I had picked out had the silverware tray on the door. (Egad!  The horror!)  Luckily, we saw that in time and were able to pick out another one.  (big sigh of relief)  One of these days I'm going to save my nickels and buy one of those double dishwashers.  So efficient, convenient and as cool as a dishwasher can get.  I am very excited for my new stove.  It is gas, BUT, the cooktop is ceramic glass!  GE Profile (PGS968SEPSS) You just wipe it down!!! How many of you are excited?!  (and reading this....) We also got a matching microwave.   See how the curve of the glass matches the stove? Fridge is a Whirlpool Gold (GX5FHTXV) with an interior water dispenser and an...

Basement Progress

Here are the basement items Basment progression: Color Scheme:   Riser for seats: Wall Fixtures: Mini Sconces for over the bar.

Blue jars

Who doesn't love those blue glass bottles and jars? I am trying to paint my own using glass paint and pickle jars. If they come out good, I will upgrade myself to mason jars. Christmas Tree shops have them for either $.99 or $.89 depending on size. Here's my work in progress. Need to wait 24 hours to see how it dries. ----------- Ok the dried a little streaky, and I should have used a little paint thinner. Also, the brushes I originally tried to use were poor quality and the bristles were getting stuck in the jar paint. I ended up using a foam brush which makes things gooier. They will be used for centerpieces, so I'm sure it'll be fine when I fill the jars with water and beautiful flowers.