Skip to main content

Carpet and walls

We received the shipment of carpet tiles the other day, which means we can start picking our colors! Most people do it the other way around, but we knew we wanted carpet tiles and needed to order them, so we went backwards.


The ceiling is going a drop ceiling with black panels. Don't gasp. It's going to look gorgeous!



(This guy did black ceiling tiles with brown walls. Don't care for the color combo, but love love love the panels.)
















So as far as paint goes, we originally were looking at blues.  Especially our fav Newburyport Blue.  But we used that already... twice.  So then we went to New York State of Mind among a slew of others.  After 3 trips to the paint store to get swatches, and a pile of swatches later.....











We are trying to decide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances.... @ PC Richards

We researched thoroughly which appliances to get.... Consumer reports, looking online, going to stores.  I pretty much had decided on which ones ahead of time, but wanted to give them a once over before we bought.  Thank goodness I did.  The dishwasher I had picked out had the silverware tray on the door. (Egad!  The horror!)  Luckily, we saw that in time and were able to pick out another one.  (big sigh of relief)  One of these days I'm going to save my nickels and buy one of those double dishwashers.  So efficient, convenient and as cool as a dishwasher can get.  I am very excited for my new stove.  It is gas, BUT, the cooktop is ceramic glass!  GE Profile (PGS968SEPSS) You just wipe it down!!! How many of you are excited?!  (and reading this....) We also got a matching microwave.   See how the curve of the glass matches the stove? Fridge is a Whirlpool Gold (GX5FHTXV) with an interior water dispenser and an...

Basement Progress

Here are the basement items Basment progression: Color Scheme:   Riser for seats: Wall Fixtures: Mini Sconces for over the bar.

Blue jars

Who doesn't love those blue glass bottles and jars? I am trying to paint my own using glass paint and pickle jars. If they come out good, I will upgrade myself to mason jars. Christmas Tree shops have them for either $.99 or $.89 depending on size. Here's my work in progress. Need to wait 24 hours to see how it dries. ----------- Ok the dried a little streaky, and I should have used a little paint thinner. Also, the brushes I originally tried to use were poor quality and the bristles were getting stuck in the jar paint. I ended up using a foam brush which makes things gooier. They will be used for centerpieces, so I'm sure it'll be fine when I fill the jars with water and beautiful flowers.